Advantages of Tile Shingle Roofing
Pros And Cons Of Tile Shingles
Beautiful and durable, tile shingles are a material that will likely last for a century. Below, we are listing the main advantages of tile roofing:
- Long-Lasting - The first and foremost advantage of tile roofing is the fact that it can last over 100 years, especially if it is installed in the right climate. This is why many manufacturers offer 50-year warranties.
- Lots Of Choices - Clay, concrete and slate tiles come in a wide variety of colors to choose from. Whether it’s contemporary European or Medieval, there are styles to fit anyone’s taste or needs.
- No Rot/Insect Damage - Unlike wood shingles, tile roofing will never decay and is impervious to rot and insect damage.
- Eco-friendly - Tile roofs are made from earth minerals and as such, can be ground up and recycled as soon as they are removed.
- Energy-efficient - The heavy thermal mass of tiles can help regulate indoor temperatures.
- Low maintenance - Leaks are very rare in tile shingles - just like repairs or general maintenance (unless there is a breakage due to heavy impact).
If you are looking for a distinctive type of roofing, tile shingles are definitely a choice you need to consider. They can be made of clay, concrete or a sand-cast materials but look and function similarly to one another.
Just like all roofs, they have pros and cons that need to be weighted during the decision making process. The number one reason why homeowners choose tile, however, is the style and plenty of choices available.
For more information about metal roofing, contact us today and get a FREE estimate for your project!