Advantages of Asphalt Roofing
Asphalt shingles are among the most familiar roofing systems for homeowners today. If you are new to asphalt roofing, you should know the advantages of this type:
- Easy To Install - Asphalt shingles are easy to install. Some homeowners even decide to install them on their own (DIY). However, the best results come if you use a professional.
- Cost-Effective - The cost benefits of asphalt roofing are huge. In an economy that is as volatile as the one nowadays, every homeowner needs to look at options that both protect and enhance the value of their property.
- Customization - Asphalt shingles come in a variety of styles and colors - making them one of the most widely distributed types of roofing. They can look like wood, cedar or slate and there is a huge choice of shingle styles, colors and textures.
- Long Lifespan - The life expectancy of an asphalt roof goes from 24 to 30 years in general.
- Recycling Options - Last but not least is recycling as a benefit that makes asphalt shingles eco-friendly and an option that stimulates industry growth. At the same time, the recycling options are what makes asphalt shingles generally affordable.
In the end, asphalt roofing is a common choice because it is considered to be the easiest of all standard roofing materials to apply. It adapts to your home, is strong and flexible and can be applied on a wide variety of roof styles.
As a material, it definitely needs some maintenance and is only fit for regions which are generally warm. Other than that, there is no reason why one wouldn’t want to install asphalt shingles, especially considering the wide variety of designs and affordable prices.
Ready to install an asphalt roof in your home?
Look no further than Preferred Home Improvement.
For more information, contact us today and get a FREE estimate!